Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Services not updating in Aperture

I have written a very simple Automator Service action to move images from a Project to a specified folder on my desktop; the trouble is it is not showing up in Aperture Services Menu. I am saving it to the same folder as 4 other services that are showing up, but they are the only 4 available.

Please note I am running Mavericks.

Any idea when I am going wrong?

Thanks.

OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on May 31, 2014 11:07 AM

10 replies

May 31, 2014 11:18 AM in response to Andrew Allsop

. I am saving it to the same folder as 4 other services that are showing up, but they are the only 4 available.

Is that the "Services" folder in your User Library?

Have you restarted the system after installing the service in the Library?

And how is the header configured?

Did you set the service to receive images in Aperture or any application?

User uploaded file

May 31, 2014 10:33 PM in response to Andrew Allsop

, when I saved the workflow it was automatically put in this folder, is that right?

That folder is correct for installing services. You have two options to install them - only for you, then you install inyour user library in you Home folder, like you have done, or for all users, then you install in the library directly on your system drive.

Jun 1, 2014 7:40 AM in response to léonie

This is getting really weird! I have re-written the astomator action in the hope that it would help, it doesn’t. The attached image might help. The left is of all the services in the Finder window, please not that the only ones that show up in Aperture Services are the first 4.

The right hand image is my new workflow, and the lower one is the keyboard preferences you refer to, all the services in the left hand one are enabled in keyboard preferences.

Don’t know whether or not this helps at all.

User uploaded file

Jun 1, 2014 8:01 AM in response to Andrew Allsop

I've tried to run your service, and found that I do not see the service in Aperture either.

It works, when I change the header like this and then restart the Finder and Aperture:

"Service receives no input in Aperture".

User uploaded file

It looks like Aperture cannot activate the service, if it tries to pass image versions, but the "Get selected Images" will find the image versions nevertheless, even if you specify "no input".

Jun 1, 2014 8:29 AM in response to Andrew Allsop

Two problems that I can see

First you are both handing the selected images into the workfow and then using an action to get the selected images in Aperture. You should do one or the other. Either do as Léonie did and have the workflow receive nothing and use the action to get the selected images or remove the Get Selected Images action and take the images in.

Second in your screenshot the workflow is named Service 04.jpg. Not going to work with that name.

Jun 1, 2014 8:46 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

I thought "Service 04.jpg" is the name of the screenshot of the service 🙂.

I am glad you dropped in, I was hoping for it.

If I remember correctly, services used to be able to receive selected images with "Service receives images in Aperture", even if the first action did not expect any arguments. Has that changed or is my memory faulty?

Services not updating in Aperture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.