Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to change my Apple ID password back to one I've used before.

I changed my Apple ID password, but I want to change it back to the one I had before. When I tried, it said I couldn't change it back for a year. I need to change it back ASAP. Help?

iPad 2, iOS 7.1

Posted on May 31, 2014 1:13 PM

5 replies

May 1, 2017 3:33 PM in response to AppleMan1603

AppleMan1603 wrote:

Well I'm having the same problem as app,e told me to change this as it will help with a problem and it haven't fixed th problem and now I'm stuck with a password that I'm not used to

Using the same password on multiple accounts, using the same password and never changing it are both examples of poor security. Apple doesn't want to be any more responsible than they already are for data breaches.

May 31, 2014 1:50 PM in response to Hill5476

You won't be able to change it back to that password until the 12 months have completed, part of the password setting/validation is that you can't reuse passwords within that period.

From http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2204 :

• Your password must be at least eight characters including a number, an uppercase letter, and a lowercase letter.
  • You can't use spaces, the same character three times in a row, your Apple ID, or a password you've used in the last year.

I need to change my Apple ID password back to one I've used before.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.