Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari lock up and can not reset it

My Safari web broswer has been locked up on the website www.mytechforpc.com. The info box state in the middle of my broswer screen says the following: Microsft Detected Sercurity Error, Do to Suspicious Activity. Please contact Microsoft Certified Live Techinicians for Help 1-800-274-1983. I called the number and got an India speaking tech that stated, since I have Office on my Mac, it has two viruses (Rootkit.Sirefer.Spy and Trojan.FakeAV-Downlod). He wanted me to download his software so he could have access to my computer to fix it for $100. That is not going to happen. I consider myself a pro-user of the Mac. I have battled the FBI/Internet Secuity Fraud but this is better. I have tried to force quite and restart with no luck. They have grayed out the area of Reset Safari and Clear History on Safari. My last restort is to re-install Safari but I hoping someone might have a quicker solution. Please let me know.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Safari

Posted on May 31, 2014 1:41 PM

7 replies

Jun 1, 2014 4:42 PM in response to jkdaddy

This won't work for me as even with wifi off I cannot type into the address bar because the same message you experienced keeps popping up even with wifi off. Am I doing something wrong? Is there some way to delete the web address? I guess I'm not even sure if I'm accessing the browser address window correctly - the only way I know how to do this is by typing into the safari address / search bar. Can someone please help?

Thanks!

Safari lock up and can not reset it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.