Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer issue

How do I connect my Emac to a parallel port Cannon printer with a db25 mail connector?

Posted on May 31, 2014 2:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2014 5:31 PM

OOH, this might not be easy, you'll have to find an old USB->Parallel converter & drivers...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=usb+parallel+mac

2 replies

Jun 8, 2014 8:59 PM in response to Roly Chaput

A little late with my answer but here goes.

Many older iMac's and eMac's will not work at all with some printers. The reason is that the Printer Manufactures didn't keep up with the older software in the Mac. Many newer printers simply will not work. On occasion you can find 3rd party Software some will work where others will not. You must give all the information on your Mac as in the Operating System on the Mac and also all the details on the Printer you expect to use. Either someone will have the exact same setup you plan to use or can point you in the right direction. The reaso is I have an older iMac Bluberry that I used an HP 952c and it would only work with OS9 and no newer printer would work at all because there is no software for the Mac.

Hope this helps

Don

Printer issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.