Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP!!! Recover lost iPhone photos

I have just lost all my iPhone pictures. iPhoto imported everything and asked me if I want to delete the pictures from my iPhone. I said yes and now I only have the thumbnails in iPhoto. The masters folder is empty!!!!! HELP! How can I recover my >1400 fotos and videos????

Any help is very welcomed!!!!!

Thanks,

Gustavo

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on May 31, 2014 6:43 PM

5 replies

May 31, 2014 6:58 PM in response to wavymitch

No. I dont have any other backup. Is not an issue of having them in the device. Is a matter of recovering them since I dont have them in any other place....

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT IPHOTO SAID TO ME THAT DAWNLOADED ALL THE PHOTOS AND ASKED ME IF I WANT TO DELETE THEM FROM THE DEVICE, AFTER HOURS DOWNLOADING THE FILES AND NOT SAVING THEM IN THE DISK?????? WHAT A TERRIBLE BUG THIS IS!!!!! I'M COMPLETELY MAD ABOUT THIS!!!!

Jul 13, 2014 10:23 AM in response to gmendes

I was able to find out what happened. I think it is a Mac OS problem! At the same time I was importing photos with iPhoto, because I was with little space at my disk I was moving previous months "Masters" from my iPhoto smartfolder to my NAS. What happened for sure was that when the move finished, it deleted all the folders from the "Masters" smartfolder, even those that were created just immediately before and that I WAS NOT MOVING!

With a recovery tool I was able to recover almost all of my photos from my disk.

Lesson learned!

HELP!!! Recover lost iPhone photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.