Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My IPad 2 keeps going back to home screen when I am on another page. It's still under warranty so should I take it in?

My IPad2 keeps going back to home screen when I am on another page. It is still under warranty so should I take it in to Apple store

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on May 31, 2014 6:53 PM

3 replies

May 31, 2014 8:21 PM in response to Pjcraig

If this only happens when using a specific app, then it's likely a buggy app. If that is the case, then uninstall the app, reboot the iPad, and then wait until the app in question has a newer version in the app store. Then install that new version and hope that the developer has solved the problem.

If that's not the case (a single app), then use iTunes to backup your iPad and then take it in the the Apple store for them to check the hardware.

May 31, 2014 8:23 PM in response to Pjcraig

Pjcraig wrote:

My IPad2 keeps going back to home screen when I am on another page.

Try This First...

Close All Open Apps... Perform a Reset... Try again...

Reset ( No Data will be Lost )

Press and Hold the Sleep/Wake Button and the Home Button at the Same Time...

Wait for the Apple logo to Appear...

Usually takes about 15 - 20 Seconds... (But can take Longer..)

Release the Buttons...

My IPad 2 keeps going back to home screen when I am on another page. It's still under warranty so should I take it in?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.