Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with airplay

I was using airplay with my apple tv (versiond 3) from my i-Phone 5S and then it just quit.

I no longer have the airplay icon on my phone ???

Posted on May 31, 2014 8:40 PM

1 reply

Jun 3, 2014 9:36 AM in response to jhfindley7

Hi jhfindley7,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

Take a look at the article below, it provides tips that should help resolve the AirPlay issue that you described with your iPhone.

iOS: Troubleshooting AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts4215

Symptoms

Use these steps if:

• The AirPlay icon doesn't appear on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  • There are performance issues while using AirPlay or AirPlay Mirroring.

Resolution

Try these steps first

• Verify that your iOS device's software is up to date.
  • Verify your Apple TV's software is up to date.
  • Verify that your iOS device has Wi-Fi turned on. Enable Wi-Fi on your iOS device by going to Settings > Wi-Fi.
  • All AirPlay-enabled devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
    Some Wi-Fi network configurations offer a Guest Network. On your Apple TV, go to Settings > General >Network and ensure that you're connecting to the same Wi-Fi network on your iOS device. On your iOS device, tap Setting > Wi-Fi and confirm that this matches your Apple TV.

If the AirPlay icon doesn't appear

Ensure that you have followed the steps in using AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring.If you are still unable to see the AirPlay icon User uploaded file, try one of the following steps:

• If trying to AirPlay, or AirPlay mirror, to your Apple TV, ensure that AirPlay is enabled on your Apple TV as well. You can enable or disable AirPlay on Apple TV in the AirPlay menu: Settings > AirPlay.
  • Check Internet or network connectivity on all affected devices.

Some content requires an Internet connection to authorize content playback. AirPlay capabilities may be limited if your network is not connected to the Internet.

• If attempting to use AirPlay from a third-party app or a website from your Safari app on your iOS device, confirm that the app or website is AirPlay compatible (refer to the developers of the app or website for additional information).

Troubleshooting performance issues with AirPlay or AirPlay Mirroring

If you are experiencing intermittent playback or significant network lag with AirPlay or AirPlay Mirroring, it could be due to a weak Wi-Fi connection, interference, or the distance between the Wi-Fi router and your iOS device, Apple TV or AirPort Express.Try the following suggestions:

• Ensure that other devices are not trying to stream to the same Apple TV at the same time.
  • Ensure that your Wi-Fi router is set up with the recommended settings for the best performance.
  • Certain external devices, such as microwave ovens and baby monitors, may interfere with a Wi-Fi network. Try moving or disabling these devices.
  • If possible, try to locate your Wi-Fi router in the same room as your iOS device and Apple TV.
  • If your wireless and wired networks are the same, try connecting your Apple TV to the router via Ethernet instead of Wi-Fi.
  • If the Wi-Fi router has an external antenna, check to see that is it connected properly and in good condition.
  • Use the Wi-Fi network troubleshooting guide to resolve interference and other issues.

Additional Information

If you are using iTunes, please see these troubleshooting guidelines.

-Jason

Problems with airplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.