Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I changed computers and lost all mu itunes music

I recently bought a new computer and cannot find my itunes music and movies. Is this because of the new computer or something else? Thanks

Posted on May 31, 2014 11:36 PM

3 replies

Jun 1, 2014 8:05 PM in response to wohoops

Don't confuse what's on your computer and what's stored by the iTunes Store. The iTunes Store only keeps a list of what you have purchased. Most will be available for redownload but that is not guaranteed which is why you need to not rely upon the store as a backup for your media. The Store will not, of course, have information about media obtained from other sources such as CDs unless you also subscribe to Match. Even then that is only for music so if you have home movies in iTunes it will only be on your computer.

None of the above includes the structure you have given it in iTunes (which is the application on your computer, not your accuont at the Store) such as ratings, playlists, playcounts. That is only stored in the library file on your computer. If you do not transfer that then all you have is a potentially incomplete set of media files.

I changed computers and lost all mu itunes music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.