Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have both an icloud account

I have both an icloud account & a itunes account. Each has a seperate email address associated to it. I would like to reset both accounts and have a single email for both accounts. Any help?? I have asked this question in the icloud support group as well, in case I am in the wrong forum?

iPhone 5

Posted on Jun 1, 2014 4:59 AM

1 reply

Jun 3, 2014 12:36 PM in response to MartyMiller1825

Hi MartyMiller1825,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

The article below explains the options you have for using different Apple ID accounts. The Frequently Asked Questions section explains what to do with purchases made on more than one account. Below is a quick summary of the key information. Click on the link for more details.

Using your Apple ID for Apple services

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4895

An Apple ID is the email address you use as a login for just about everything you do with Apple, including using iCloud to store your content, buying songs from the iTunes Store, and downloading apps from the App Store.

When you set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you can use the same Apple ID for iCloud services and purchases on the iTunes Store, App Store, and iBooks Store. You can also use one Apple ID for iCloud services and another Apple ID for store purchases (including iTunes in the Cloud and iTunes Match). You will get all the benefits of iCloud whether you use the same Apple ID for iCloud and store purchases, or different IDs for each.

The following section explains these two approaches.

Using the same Apple ID for Store purchases and iCloud (recommended)

Using one Apple ID for iCloud and a different Apple ID for Store Purchases

Frequently Asked Questions

I have purchased music, apps, or books with multiple Apple IDs. How can I get all of this content onto my iOS device?

First, you need to copy all of your purchased content so it is on the same Mac or PC with iTunes. This computer should be the one you sync your device with. For more information on how to move your content, see these articles:

Next, authorize your computer to play content with each Apple ID in iTunes. Once your computer is authorized for all your content, it can be synced to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

I have both an icloud account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.