Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

drobo 5n and back to my mac?

Is there any way to set up a drobo 5n to be seen over a back to my mac network? USB connections can be easily seen and shared, but with a newer airport extreme, the ethernet connected Drobo 5N won't show. I have a MacBook Air at home. Had hoped to be able to store and share photo files with my desktop at my office. Any ideas here?

MacBook Air, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Jun 1, 2014 6:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2014 1:39 PM

Sorry, but no. Back to My Mac was designed to work basically in two ways:

1. To access a Mac computer remotely, and/or
  2. To access an AirPort base station and its USB attached AirPort Disk if present.

Instead you would need to configure the router that the Drobo is connected to for port mapping/forwarding to be able to access it remotely ... or configure the Drobo inside a DMZ.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2014 1:39 PM in response to kcdog

Sorry, but no. Back to My Mac was designed to work basically in two ways:

1. To access a Mac computer remotely, and/or
  2. To access an AirPort base station and its USB attached AirPort Disk if present.

Instead you would need to configure the router that the Drobo is connected to for port mapping/forwarding to be able to access it remotely ... or configure the Drobo inside a DMZ.

drobo 5n and back to my mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.