Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Costco UK Mac Pro Price

Costco UK seem to be selling the 6-core 2013 Mac Pro at a fantastic price - £2899.99 inc delivery. £400 cheaper than Apple UK.

http://www.costco.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/cos_1,cos_1.2,cos_1.2.1/167548?c ategory=cos_1.2.1

Is this for real?

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Jun 1, 2014 6:50 AM

6 replies

Jun 1, 2014 11:16 AM in response to mitchino

To be an authorized Apple Dealer, a company must commit to providing additional services, and must buy a large amount (like US$250,000) a quarter of Apple stuff.

A company can choose to be an authorized Reseller for a much smaller comitment, but then there needs to be some unique value added (such as bundling your custom software) to qualify as a Reseller.

It is possible costco is trying to get in as a Reseller. In the US, Resellers try to quailify by bundling third-party Utilites or private-label warranties with the Macs they sell.

If they are not meeting the requirements of either program, Apple will eventually catch up with them and try to enforce their rules or cut off their supply of Apple stuff.

Jun 1, 2014 11:59 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Costco in the UK have been selling macs for years, usually iMacs and MacBook Pros. I noticed when I was last in they had a quad core Mac Pro on display. This 6 core machine is only listed on the Costco Website. Normally they sell Macs at tiny discounts, like £50 off. I'm just wondering whether this advertised price is a mistake, being £400 cheaper than the Apple Store. if it's not I might snap one up!

Costco UK Mac Pro Price

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.