Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old Apple ID email address

I own a iPad and iPhone. I recently changed my Apple ID email address using my iPad. Now two weeks later my iPhone is still asking for the password to my old email address. Can anyone help me

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Jun 1, 2014 11:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2014 11:23 AM

All apps include DRM protection that is tied to the Apple ID that was used to download the apps. Apps downloaded with one Apple ID cannot be transferred to or merged with another Apple ID.

Did you make a change to the existing Apple ID or did you create a new Apple ID?

13 replies

Jun 1, 2015 10:19 PM in response to Allan Sampson

I Am having the same issue with my phone asking for the old ID password, now I have checked everything in settings, my phone is totally signed into my new account, iCloud and iTunes and App Store all say I'm logged into my new account, I even went into the App Store and scrolled all the way down and it says I'm logged into the new one, but when I go to update my apps it asks for the password to my old ID... Do you have any advice for this? I have tried restoring my phone and restarting and everything...

Jun 1, 2015 10:30 PM in response to Merrodyy94

You have a different situation than the OP I believe. It sounds like you set up a brand new Apple ID, is that correct? If it is, then you will continue to be asked for the password for your old ID when updating apps because that was the ID that was used to purchase the apps with.

You have two options:

1. Delete all apps associated with that old ID and re-purchase (or re-download them if they were free) under the new ID

2. Go to Manage your Apple ID and sign into the old ID account and change your password to match the password on your new Apple ID. That way, it won't matter which ID is asking for a password: Apple - My Apple ID

Cheers,

Gb

Oct 22, 2015 12:36 PM in response to gail from maine

Hello,

I have a similar issue. I updated my Apple ID because the email it is tied to will no longer exist in two days and it works just fine on our IPADs. I kept the same password. Ever since I changed it, our new iPhones keep asking for the old Apple ID. I've ensured that the old one is no longer linked to my Apple ID. I go to Settings - App and ITunes Store and I see my updated Apple ID. But when I go to Settings - iCloud, it still shows the old Apple ID. I tried turning off the ICloud Drive and then the phone and re-starting but I still get the old Apple ID there and I still get the requests popping up on the phone for the password for the old Apple ID. How do I fix that?

Old Apple ID email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.