Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Distorted Screen sharing

User uploaded file

Has any one seen issues with screensharing on a local network to a Mac Mini (or other Mac) running the same OS? Specs are below. Image is attached.

Mac Mini (Mid 2010)

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4GB of RAM

Graphics card - NVIDA GeForce 320M 256MB

MacBook Pro (late 2008)

Mac OS X 10.9.3

Processor 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

15" Unibody MacBook Pro , Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Jun 1, 2014 11:32 AM

5 replies

Jun 1, 2014 12:12 PM in response to Chris Wanja

Hi Chris, I've not seen that, last tested Screen Sharing 10.9.4<->10.4.11 & 10.5.8<->10.4.11, both ways worked fine.

Take a screen Shot on both machines.

Take a screen shot & view that in Preview, move the Preview window around, if you see double lines it's a Video card/VRAM problem, if the lines do not move moving the pic around then it's the LCD or cable. Or possibly heat.

Jun 1, 2014 12:24 PM in response to BDAqua

BD, I took a screenshot of each desktops background and moved it around. Neither had double lines in the screenshot or while moving it around. Are you suggesting to take a screenshot of the issue and move it around, on each machine? The MacBook Pro running screensharing is sitting on a glass coffee table, so I am less inclined to believe there is a heat issue. However, due to its age, I would be inclined to believe there is a video card issue. Unfortunately, I do not have another Mac at the time to test the video.

Please expand on your suggestion if I did not test it properly.

Jun 1, 2014 12:54 PM in response to Chris Wanja

Does the machine you're using to work remotely support the screen resolution you're trying to push from your host? I had a similar problem (although they manifested differently from yours) with weird display issues via screen sharing that resolved when I matched resolutions between host and remote.

EDIT: I was also able to make my problem go away by resizing the Screen Sharing window using the handles (without matching resolutions). Good luck!

Jun 3, 2014 8:48 AM in response to Creeper74

Creeper74, based on several search results and reading, it seems the NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB can push to the 1080p resolution that the Mac Mini is running. I am connecting remotely to the Mac Mini, so the MBP was the resolution I looked to verify I can connect to. I am still less inclined to think that is the issue as I was previously able to connect. It seems to stem from when OS X Mav. came out, but I obviously can not pin point the exact day.

One thing I have not tried is connecting from the Mac Mini to the MacBook Pro and seeing if the same issue arises. Will test later. Still looking for any other suggestions.

Distorted Screen sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.