Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Color will not launch

Hello All,

When I launch Color I get the following error: Unable to intialize OpenGL. Make sure Video Desktop is disabled.

I searched online and seems like the solution was related to a BlackMagic video, of which I do not have. The video card in my system is an

ATI Radeon HD 4870 with 512MB of VRAM.

The card is installed on a 2009 MacPro running OSX Mavericks.

Originally I had the software installed on a 2006 MacPro running OS Lion with a NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT with 256MB VRAM and it was running fine.

I got this 2009 MacPro used and first installed Lion on it fresh, then ran Transfer Assistant and once that was completed I updated to Mavericks.

I did find one article about setting Video display to None in FCP, but that didn't do anything, even with a reboot.

I'm now stuck with an application that won't work.

Any ideas?

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on Jun 1, 2014 1:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2014 1:52 PM

I figured out my issue. I have a 3rd monitor connected to the Mac that uses a USB to VGA converter. Once I disconnected that Color launched w/o any issue.

1 reply

Color will not launch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.