Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage not syncing between mac and iphone

I recently upgraded to Mavericks (10.9.3) and iMessages no longer sync between my iPhone and my Mac Pro. I've checked the Support data base as well as Google and have followed the recommendations to check preferences on all devices and to restart all devices, but that doesn't seem to have solved the problem. Messages being sent from my iPhone 4S simply don't show up on my Mac. Can anyone provide assistance/ideas??

OS X Mavericks (10.9.3), 20 GB RAM, 1 TB system volume

Posted on Jun 1, 2014 5:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2014 7:29 PM

Associate your mobile number with your Apple ID, if you haven't already done so.

Sign out of iMessage on the Mac:

Messages Preferences ▹ Accounts ▹ Sign out

and on the iPhone:

Settings Messages Send & Receive Apple ID ▹ Sign out

Then, on the phone, tap

Use Your Apple ID for iMessage

Sign back into iMessage on both devices and test. If there's no change, you may have to wait for a change in network conditions.

Credit for this solution to ASC member SmittyLove and to Glenn Fleishman of tidbits.com.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2014 7:29 PM in response to Webb Sussman

Associate your mobile number with your Apple ID, if you haven't already done so.

Sign out of iMessage on the Mac:

Messages Preferences ▹ Accounts ▹ Sign out

and on the iPhone:

Settings Messages Send & Receive Apple ID ▹ Sign out

Then, on the phone, tap

Use Your Apple ID for iMessage

Sign back into iMessage on both devices and test. If there's no change, you may have to wait for a change in network conditions.

Credit for this solution to ASC member SmittyLove and to Glenn Fleishman of tidbits.com.

iMessage not syncing between mac and iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.