Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar time problem

The calendar on my iphone displays the wrong appointment time for an event. The correct time is entered for the event. How do I correct this?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1

Posted on Jun 1, 2014 10:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2014 7:24 AM

Hi pwmgen,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

Take a look at the article below and make sure the Time Zone Support settings aren't causing the issue that you are seeing on your iPhone.

iOS: How to adjust Time Zone Support for calendars

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4576

When using Calendar on an iOS device, such as an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you may notice that Time Zone Support is on by default. Depending on how you intend to use your iOS device, you may wish to either leave Time Zone Support on or disable it.

Time Zone Support is on by default for calendars on iOS. You can check and adjust this setting in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Calendars > Time Zone Support.

Time Zone Support will allow you to create and view events in a time zone other than the one currently used by your iOS device (other than the one your clock is set to). If you do not use Time Zone Support, your iOS device will default to the current clock setting. iOS devices that are location aware will automatically set their time zone, date, and time using Location Services. You can verify your current date and time settings in Settings > Date & Time.

To disable Time Zone Support for calendars

1. Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
  2. Scroll down to Calendars.
  3. Tap Time Zone Support.
  4. Slide the slider for Time Zone Support to OFF.

To enable Time Zone Support for calendars

4. Slide the slider for Time Zone Support to ON.
  5. Tap Time Zone.
  6. Enter your current location or the closest city in the same time zone and tap it when it appears in the results list.

-Jason

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2014 7:24 AM in response to pwmgen

Hi pwmgen,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

Take a look at the article below and make sure the Time Zone Support settings aren't causing the issue that you are seeing on your iPhone.

iOS: How to adjust Time Zone Support for calendars

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4576

When using Calendar on an iOS device, such as an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you may notice that Time Zone Support is on by default. Depending on how you intend to use your iOS device, you may wish to either leave Time Zone Support on or disable it.

Time Zone Support is on by default for calendars on iOS. You can check and adjust this setting in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Calendars > Time Zone Support.

Time Zone Support will allow you to create and view events in a time zone other than the one currently used by your iOS device (other than the one your clock is set to). If you do not use Time Zone Support, your iOS device will default to the current clock setting. iOS devices that are location aware will automatically set their time zone, date, and time using Location Services. You can verify your current date and time settings in Settings > Date & Time.

To disable Time Zone Support for calendars

4. Slide the slider for Time Zone Support to OFF.

To enable Time Zone Support for calendars

4. Slide the slider for Time Zone Support to ON.
  5. Tap Time Zone.
  6. Enter your current location or the closest city in the same time zone and tap it when it appears in the results list.

-Jason

Jun 5, 2014 8:31 AM in response to Jason L

Hi Jason,

I spoke too soon. After disabling the time zone support I no longer had a 4 hour discrepancy in some appointment times on my iphone. However, I sync my iphone calendar with my Yahoo calendar. I've now discovered that if time is accurate on my iphone, there is a 4 hour discrepancy for some appts on Yahoo. Any suggestions?

Calendar time problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.