Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes notes syncd with iphone but all recent info gone

Hello Can someone help! i sync'd my iphone 4s with my iTunes but my notes have sync'd from iTunes and my recent notes from the phone disappeared? My Notes from my phone have everything in it mostly all info like all user names and basically everything i need for work!

How can i get my recent Notes back on my phone?

thanks

Kim😢

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 2, 2014 4:58 AM

2 replies

Jun 4, 2014 2:20 PM in response to Kimla10

Hi Kim,

The missing notes may be in the Notes app on your MacBook Pro. Take a look at the article below for a detailed explanation about syncing Notes with your Mac.

iOS: Syncing Notes

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4191

Notes are associated with an IMAP email account or iCloud account. To sync Notes, enable Notes for each account in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars or Settings > iCloud.

Additional Information

• When you enable Notes sync for an email account, the Notes folder will no longer appear as a mailbox in the Mail app. To create or view notes, use the Notes app instead.
  • If notes are not syncing as expected, check the following:
    • Ensure that you enabled Notes for that account in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars or Settings > iCloud.
    • In Notes on your iOS device or Mac, verify that your notes are not stored in a local folder. Example: On My iPhone or On My Mac. If you have notes in these folders, you will need to copy or transfer them to iCloud or IMAP to sync with your other devices.

Syncing Notes with iTunes and OS X Mountain Lion v10.8 or later

You can sync with the Notes app using IMAP or iCloud. Syncing Notes using iTunes is no longer supported on OS X v10.8 and later.

Duplicate notes

Syncing Notes both over the air and with iTunes can result in duplicate notes appearing in the Notes application. Use the following steps to resolve the issue:

1. Connect your device and select it in iTunes.
  2. Click the Info pane and deselect the option to Sync Notes.
  3. When prompted, select Delete Notes to remove the duplicates from the device.

If you want to sync notes with iTunes instead of using the over-the-air feature, disable Notes sync for the account using Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars or Settings > iCloud.

Unable to sync notes with Outlook

If notes are not syncing from Outlook, verify that you don't have any notes with no content or subject in Outlook. These notes can prevent Outlook from syncing as expected; removing them or adding a subject should allow syncing to resume.

-Jason

itunes notes syncd with iphone but all recent info gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.