Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating iBooks after Copying a Course

Hi!

This is a hypothetical question at the moment but may be very relevant in the fall. I'm wondering if there is a way to mass-update an iBook via iTunesU.

Here's the scenario: I want to use iTunesU to distribute in-house created iBooks to several different sections of the same course taught by different instructors.

My first idea is to create the course once and then copy it to each individual instructor. In this case if one of the iBooks needs to be updated after copying the course if I update the iBook in the original course will the updated iBook be 'pushed' to each of the copied courses?

Alternatively, would it be better to duplicate the course for as many sections as there will be and then add each individual instructor as a collaborator? In that case I suspect I'd have to delete and replace the iBook in each of the individual duplicate courses. Is that right?

Is there a better way to deal with this problem?

Thanks,

Jesse

iOS 7.1.1, Updating iBooks in iTunesU

Posted on Jun 2, 2014 4:55 AM

2 replies

Sep 15, 2014 9:18 AM in response to JesseZane

I have a little more experience with this now, and may be able to offer better advice. (Your post to the iBooks Author forum inspired me to look at this problem again.)

If you "sell" the book for free on the iBookstore, then all courses using your book as a course material will be updated when you update the copy in the iBookstore. If you added the book to each course individually as a private material, then you will have to delete and replace the book in each course.

Does that answer your questions?

Updating iBooks after Copying a Course

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.