Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Twitter for iPad/No Send Key For DMs

I don't know if this will help anyone out, but several days ago, the send key in the Twitter app for iPad in DMs magically disappeared. I had no problem sending DMs from my phone, but I could not send anything via iPad.

To be clear, I am using a Bluetooth Mac keyboard for my iPad - I do not use the virtual keyboard unless I am using my iPad elsewhere.

I read on the forum that having the split-keyboard option may, in fact, hide the send key. WHY this was turned on to begin with, I don't know, but I found I did have the option turned on, so I turned off and hard rebooted my iPad. It didn't fix the problem.

What I found was that if I hit the key on my keyboard to bring up my virtual keyboard on my iPad, the send key for DMs appears on the screen. I then hit that key again to turn off virtual keyboard, and the send key is still there and able to be used.

I don't know if this is a Twitter bug or an Apple bug. This problem did NOT correspond with a Twitter update or an iOS update.

Posted on Jun 2, 2014 7:22 AM

1 reply

Twitter for iPad/No Send Key For DMs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.