Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My podcast episode artwork does not show up in iTunes

Hello all,

I am having some problems including the artwork for my podcast episode. I have a podcast subscription with Libsyn and withing that I have a number of different shows under the heading of The Spizzler Show (which has one logo). I uploaded a new show (The Spizzler Show in English with its own artwork) but the episode artwork doesnt show up on iTunes, just the generic artwork.

I have contacted Libysn who have informed me that its a problem with iTunes. I uploaded the mp4 file with the jpeg 700 x 700 artwork included within it.

Does anyone know how I can rectify this problem?

Any info would be greatefully received

Thanks

The Spizzler

http://thespizzlershow.libsyn.com/the-spizzler-show-in-english-rat-pocket

Posted on Jun 2, 2014 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2014 8:11 AM

Is this your podcast?

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-spizzler-show/id770205467?mt=2

I subscribed to it and downloaded several episodes. The top episode has this image embedded in it:

User uploaded file

Episode E7 has the same image embedded in it as the main podcast image in the Store page. Episode E6 has no embedded image.

The image in the 'itunes:image' tag in the top section of the feed, which is also what's in the Store, is this one:

User uploaded file

There are 'itunes:image' tags within at least some of your episodes, and these vary in line with what's embedded in the files (mostly). These images do not appear when subscribing. I had a feeling they appeared in a small version in the search results, where they show individual episodes, but yours are showing the same image as the main one.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2014 8:11 AM in response to TheSpizzler

Is this your podcast?

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-spizzler-show/id770205467?mt=2

I subscribed to it and downloaded several episodes. The top episode has this image embedded in it:

User uploaded file

Episode E7 has the same image embedded in it as the main podcast image in the Store page. Episode E6 has no embedded image.

The image in the 'itunes:image' tag in the top section of the feed, which is also what's in the Store, is this one:

User uploaded file

There are 'itunes:image' tags within at least some of your episodes, and these vary in line with what's embedded in the files (mostly). These images do not appear when subscribing. I had a feeling they appeared in a small version in the search results, where they show individual episodes, but yours are showing the same image as the main one.

Jun 2, 2014 9:15 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Wow Richard,

Thanks so much for the answer!

Its odd because when I download it on my iPhone the artwork is the regular artwork (black background with the mic and crossbones) while when on Itunes it does indeed show up as the correct one!

Really strange, any ideas how i can get the epiosde artwork to show up on the iPhone as well?

Thanks again for all your help :-)

S

Jun 2, 2014 10:12 AM in response to TheSpizzler

As I don't have an iPhone I'm not familiar with the Podcasts app, but it seems likely that it doesn't read the embedded image in the media files, and relies on the main podcast image. if this is the case there isn't anything you can do about it. I can only suggest you ask in the iPhone forum where someone may be able to confirm this suggestion.

My podcast episode artwork does not show up in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.