Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

communication failure to a HP printer..

Hi

Hope someone can help... I have a wireless printer that has stop working..HP 6510..

when i try to print the queue says the uri is incorrect or no longer exists and then pauses the printer with the statement Communication failure..

Yet.. when i go to the printer setup and look at the options i'm able to see the printer and send a test print, can't from the queue itself

I've tried reloaded the latested driver,,,re installed... verifying disk permissions.. i can ping the printer, get to it via a web page,,,

Note when i try to build the printer during the final set up it says communication error..

at a lose ??

rgds

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Hp printer 6510

Posted on Jun 2, 2014 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply
5 replies

Jun 4, 2014 6:01 AM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric

thanks for your help unfortunately have tried all those things and still no joy..

i have noticed that when i try to add a new printer in the final stages the mac say it can't communicate with the printer do i want to continue, i have been pressing yes as i could ping the printer. I've even changed the ip address incase that was causing problems still probs.

I'm just about to try to add an old black and white printer i have in my garage,,,to see if it's the printing system as i suspect rather than the particular printer.

rgds

Dave

Feb 16, 2015 7:33 AM in response to M3dhk

I am having the exact same issue and I can't figure it out either. In another thread it was suggested to "reserve" the IP address on the router through the printer setup but I haven't figured out how to do that either. This is extremely aggravating since I didn't have this issue until I upgraded to the Yosemite OS. The printers themselves have never been able to 'see' my MacBook Pro mid 2010 even though I could use their features from the Mac. Really wish the Lab Geeks would fix these issues.

side note: Apple is the wealthiest company in America @ $718+ billion but my devices aren't working efficiently..... just saying. Oh and the government wants to control the internet via the FCC and a law passed in 1934 that deals with telephone comms. Contact your congress people and tell them to tell big brother to keep his greedy hands off! DTOM!

Jan 29, 2016 9:55 AM in response to M3dhk

I had this issue popping out of nowhere. Then I realized that I couldnt print only in a 2015 release of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

I used native Preview printing instead of opening the attachment and presto it works. Looks like mine was a problem that is caused by Adobe Acrobat reader on MAC.

I can take printouts on the same Printer with same USB cable from the same MAC book pro in Safari/Firefox/Outlook etc doesnt work with Adobe Acrobat.. ;-)

Dont try all the difficult steps just isolate your app and try with another application , I was able to print the same document using another application.

communication failure to a HP printer..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.