Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I edit my Canon C300 mxf files with Final Cut Pro 7 (Studio) on Mavericks OS??

I recently shot some footage on a Canon C300 and would like to edit it on FCP 7, problem is it seems since my computer did the upgrade to mavericks I can no longer find the appropriate driver on the Canon site as Mavericks is not supported by Canon for this particular update.

After researching I found that mxf files can be transcoded in log and capture but you need the appropriate driver installed. I have looked into third party applications but none of them seem entirely trust worthy and some cost money, which I don't believe I should pay considering I bought a legit copy of FCP at great expense and Apple seems to have forgotten all about it now FCX has been out for a while.

Has anyone faced a similar problem and found a reliable, preferably free, work around?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Frustrated Final Cut user

Final Cut Studio (2009), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Jun 2, 2014 11:40 AM

4 replies

Jun 3, 2014 8:01 AM in response to jonsherry

I copied entire 'CONTENTS' folder from the CF card rather than using XF Utility to save clips. Does this make a difference to the way they're saved?

Just tried using Log and Transfer and got this messgae:

User uploaded file

In the meantime I've found an alternative solution for transcoding using iDealShare VideoGo.app (certain features such as transcoding short clips are free) . Transcode to 422Prores. Results look alright so far in preview, haven't edited any of it yet.

How do I edit my Canon C300 mxf files with Final Cut Pro 7 (Studio) on Mavericks OS??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.