Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does erasing all data on one device affect other devices?

I want to erase all the data on my iphone so I could restore it from icloud. I was wondering if erasing all the data on the phone will affect the ipad on the same icloud account. I don't want to delete any data on the ipad too.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.1, Just started doing this

Posted on Jun 2, 2014 6:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2014 4:42 AM

So, just making sure here. If the ipad is on the same icloud account and I erase everything on the phone, the ipad won't be affected? What about the photos and photo stream?

7 replies

Jun 3, 2014 9:10 AM in response to jake287

If you go to Settings>General>Reset and tap Erase All Content and Settings it won't effect any other devices. You would only start erasing data from the iPad if you were to go to the individual data areas on the phone and start deleting data. If, for example, you opened the contacts app and started deleting contacts, they would also be deleted from the iPad (assuming you were syncing contacts with iCloud). But tapping Erase All Content and Settings won't delete anything from your iCloud account or any of your other devices. It will only erase the phone.

This article explains how to restore an iCloud backup: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph12521.

does erasing all data on one device affect other devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.