Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound from Thunderbolt Display after update to OS X 10.9.3

So I updated to 10.9.3 this morning only to find there is no sound coming from my Thunderbolt Display after installation. Sound is now only audible from my MacBook Pro (late 2011). Also, see image below, there is no sign of any connected inputs other than my MBP now. I've shutdown and restarted a number of times, but still no audio from the display.

Really starting to wonder why it's worth spending so much on Apple products now...

User uploaded file

Thunderbolt Display (27-inch), OS X Mavericks (10.9.3), MacBook Pro late 2011, 2.2GHz i7

Posted on Jun 3, 2014 2:56 AM

4 replies

Jul 2, 2014 5:37 AM in response to Nickkett

I sent my TB Display in for repair. They had it almost a week and didn't find anything wrong with it. Instead they took in my MacBook Pro and replaced the logic board (2nd time it had been replaced) and the Display seems to be working fine now.

...except that for using 3rd party video conf apps, those apps only pick up the MBP camera (even though i try to change settings in app), not the TBD camera... but FaceTime and Skype find the TBD camera.

Strange.

Nickkett wrote:

I Bought all Apple to be 100% compatible and "Just Work"...

I completely agree with that sentiment. That's why we pay through the nose for their products, so it feels very bad when they don't just work.

No sound from Thunderbolt Display after update to OS X 10.9.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.