Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find SD version of HD movie purchase.

I've purchased the HD version of 'The grand budapest hotel' movie.

However I can't find a way to download the SD version which should come in addition for free. I've changed my preferences to SD, unchecked the 'download HD version when avaliable' and that changes the icon from HD to SD, however clicking the download button it still wants to download the HD version which is 4GB. The SD version is supposed to be 1.5GB.

Am i doing it wrong or could it be that this movie is one of those combined files which includes SD and HD? When i right click on the movie icon in library it asks me what video quality i want, SD, 720p or 1080p. Thanks for your help.

Windows 7

Posted on Jun 3, 2014 3:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2014 9:46 AM

Hi baobeiiiiii,

This article will help you download the SD version of your already purchased movie from iTunes -

iTunes: Purchasing and viewing HD videos

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3209

Specifically -

When you purchase an HD video on a supported device or computer, only the HD video will be downloaded. To download the SD version, you need to download the video again from your Purchased page. Conversely, if you purchase an HD video on an unsupported device, the SD version will be downloaded. Then, you will need to download the HD version from your Purchased page. Learn more about downloading previous purchases.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2014 9:46 AM in response to baobeiiiiii

Hi baobeiiiiii,

This article will help you download the SD version of your already purchased movie from iTunes -

iTunes: Purchasing and viewing HD videos

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3209

Specifically -

When you purchase an HD video on a supported device or computer, only the HD video will be downloaded. To download the SD version, you need to download the video again from your Purchased page. Conversely, if you purchase an HD video on an unsupported device, the SD version will be downloaded. Then, you will need to download the HD version from your Purchased page. Learn more about downloading previous purchases.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Can't find SD version of HD movie purchase.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.