Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing of Preview pdf Files

September 7, 2006

When using Preview, pdf documents that have multiple pages, some being portrait and some being landscape there are four problems that I do not know how to work around, Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1. Preview does not print the full page for the portrait pages when portrait is selected.

Q1. How can I prevent Preview from truncating a portion of the left side of the page?

2. Preview does not print the full page for the landscape pages when landscape is selected.

Q2. How can I prevent Preview from truncating a small portion of the bottom of the page?

3. Preview does not automatically select either portrait or landscape for a doucment that has both typtes of pages.

Q3. How can I configure Preview to automatically select the portrait or landscape mode as appropriate for each page?

4. Adobe Reader has features that automatically take care of all three of these problems.

Q4. How can I configure Preview to do the same?

Q5. If this is impossible I will have to move back to Adobe Reader, but then I ask the question why Apple provides Preview at all?

Thanks for your help and guidance on this subject.

Power Mac G5, Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Sep 7, 2006 11:07 AM

1 reply

Printing of Preview pdf Files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.