Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

voice control

My Iphone 5 is crazy... it activates voice control all the time (music at 5 AM, calls, etc...), at the beginning it was SIRI but I deactivated it, however I can´t find the option to deactivate VOICE CONTROL.

Please somebody help me!!!

Saludos.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Jun 3, 2014 7:42 AM

2 replies

Jun 7, 2014 11:13 PM in response to pedro d

That Knowledge Base article linked above has ZERO answer to this totally reasonable and super common question that has existed since Apple first allowed voice control on their mobile products.

I have the same problem with an iPhone 4 and after quite a bit of internet sleuthing the best answer I can find is that Apple has decided against allowing disabling of voice control, perhaps because it is an incredibly common problem caused by myriad hardware failures that wouldn't be worth replacing your phone for ... except for the overwhelmingly terrible consequences of unwanted voice controls (the random dialing and facetiming with people when you weren't the one initiating the call is certainly enough to spend money fixing)

But it would be way, way better for Apple consumers if Apple would just provide a "Disable Voice Control" option.

If anybody can find a way to do *that*, please, please let us know.

voice control

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.