Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After installing 11.2.2.3 iPod Classc. is wiped/"dead" (not recognized by iTunes, Win7 find the unit in explorer) and my iPod Touch refuse to comm with iPod interface in the car. Just wait for a iTunes update?

Hi,

I installed 11.2.2.3 2 days ago and have since then not been able to sync my iPod Classic (not recognized by iTunes anymore and alll data has been wiped but show up in Win explorer when in Disk mode with my label on it "Nik's iPod") my old iPod Touch appear to have all data left but doesn't communicate with my car anymore.

Nedless to say none of the other Apple devices in our house will be updated or connected until this is resolved.

Is this related to the iTunes update?

If so should I just wait for a new update to come out that can help me get these things sorted?

I have tried most of the different remedies listed in this forum to no avail and being computer illiterate (not comepletely but anyway) I just want to know if this is a known problem that I can successfully fix with a bit of fiddling or if its time to seek out a genius bar somewhere and get some help.

Nik

iPod classic 160GB (Late 2009), Windows 7, iTunes

Posted on Jun 3, 2014 11:32 AM

3 replies

Jun 15, 2014 7:50 AM in response to jeffd55

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the help but I am unfortunately still not able to get my iPod Classic to connect. I have tried all the tricks in the article that you linked to.

One thing is that when I reset the iPod (menu and center until the logo pops up) I get a critical error in iTunes and it shuts down. Could that indicate that my problem is with the iTunes installation rather than the iPod?

I have tried to re-install iTunes before but maybe I shpuld give it a go again?

Brgds,

Nik

After installing 11.2.2.3 iPod Classc. is wiped/"dead" (not recognized by iTunes, Win7 find the unit in explorer) and my iPod Touch refuse to comm with iPod interface in the car. Just wait for a iTunes update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.