Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

broken power cord

Please consider the physics in the somewhat ugly but absolutly working solution to your powercord problem. As you know the thin wire connected to the large transformer is a bad design and by creating a tappered support the wire is much less likely to break. I have traveled over a million miles and had to replace 3 cord of my own and 2 of other staff members over the years.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jun 3, 2014 12:09 PM

5 replies

Jul 30, 2014 9:54 AM in response to John Galt

Look at the board--this problem is rampant. I myself have gone through 3 cords because of the exact problem detailed by Gordon. These machines are laptops and constant unplugging, putting the cord in a backpack/case, retrieving it, and plugging it back in are part of the functionality we required and the reason we bought laptops as opposed to desktops in the first place.

Your recommendation of avoiding the strain is not an option. Apple needs to redesign the cord so that they don't keep breaking at the weakest point without the solution Gordon outlines or mine:

User uploaded file

broken power cord

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.