Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Videos in the iphoto library

Is there a way of sifting out the videos from the iPhoto library while in iMovie (10.0.3) apart from opening every event and then importing them into imovie? My iPhoto library is large at 20000+ but there are apparently 400 videos hidden in there I would quite like to be able to find without having to trawl through the whole library one image at a time. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on Jun 3, 2014 5:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2014 5:44 PM

Ah, think I have worked it out. Created and album in iphoto and called it videos. Then when to "photos" and searched for "movie". This appeared to find all the video files. Moved them all onto the new album. Then in imovie when looking in the iphoto library section one of the options is "albums" and there were all the videos ready to import. You would think that imovie would be able to automatically work out which were videos and which were still images, but this seems to work OK.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2014 5:44 PM in response to Meremark

Ah, think I have worked it out. Created and album in iphoto and called it videos. Then when to "photos" and searched for "movie". This appeared to find all the video files. Moved them all onto the new album. Then in imovie when looking in the iphoto library section one of the options is "albums" and there were all the videos ready to import. You would think that imovie would be able to automatically work out which were videos and which were still images, but this seems to work OK.

Videos in the iphoto library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.