Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Burning an iMovie project to Wondershare DVD creator

I have just made an Imovie project and "shared" it. I then imported into Wondershare.

I made a custom menu in Wondershare and added music to my menu.

I then burnt the DVD in 16.9 to ensure that it would play on my DVD player/TV.

When I preview the movie in Wondershare, it looks perfect.

After burning the DVD and then playing the disc on my TV, I have problems.

First, when the movie starts, the menu does not appear first. The movie begins to play immediately. (I have to stop the movie and hit the menu button to get the menu to appear)

Second, the movie screen is cut off. The "titles" that I added in IMovie are cut off.

BTW I did check my TV settings to see if the TV was the problem.

Any help would be appreciated! I need this project for Thursday!!!

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jun 3, 2014 6:36 PM

3 replies

May 1, 2015 4:04 PM in response to lhelwig

I was a dedicated iDVD user for many years. After Apple chose to drop support for iDVD I began looking for a replacement. Using my MacBook Pro w/Retina display, I spent a great deal of time with Wondershare DVD creator for Mac. The issues I had were videos not being displayed correctly, jpegs being distorted and color issues, and music placed on the front end (menu) only went for around 10 seconds until cutting out completely. In complete frustration I was forced to work with the program on my wife's iMac w/o a Retina display. Eureka! The issues were gone—except the music on the menu, that issue is still a mystery to me. So, what I have concluded is that the problems "root" come from using the program on a machine with a Retina display. I have posted this on several message boards and hope that Wondershare is working on a fix.

May 1, 2015 4:15 PM in response to lhelwig

Strongly recommend you purchase iDVD. There are NO alternatives that come anywhere near the power and ease of use of iDVD.

iDVD is readily available on Amazon as part of iLife 09 or iLife 11. There, you can realize the advantages of software sold on disk, as opposed to downloads which often get taken away, with little or no warning.

Burning an iMovie project to Wondershare DVD creator

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.