Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Latest iTune update (May 2014) - unable to play any videos (movies/TV shows)

After the latest iTunes update to 11.2.2.3 I can no longer play any of my purchased/downloaded videos, be it TV shows or Movies. Video window opens up and then nothing, black screen, nothing happens, doesn't play. Tried skipping ahead and still no video/audio playing. All my iTunes audio music plays fine, just issues with video playback. Any one else having these issues? Any suggestions out there? Apple, what have you done? Help!!

iPhone 5s, Windows 7, iPod Touch 5,iPad Mini Retina

Posted on Jun 3, 2014 6:23 PM

3 replies

Jan 10, 2015 8:12 AM in response to jeffd55

Wow, that's a great response Jeffd55. Performance issues and not playing at all are in a similar category but *not* the same. I've read plenty of posts all complaining about the same problem I am having. And I've had for months, but none of the apple solutions work for me, or many other people out there. Perhaps Apple needs to have someone really dig into this and fix it. I've spent $1000's over the years on movies and TV shows with Itunes. I've spent 5x that other places because I have nothing but problems with Itunes. I want it fixed, but it only lasts for 3-6 months than some new Itunes update comes out... and BAM, I've lost video again. I know your just trying to help, and that's good of you. Unfortunately that is the main troubleshooting article I've seen on many posts and no one has said that actually helped them.

Apr 26, 2015 1:11 PM in response to 9r2a5m70

Windows 7 64bit - iTunes 64bit. Open the video - in this case, a TV episode. Sound is great. Picture is black.

Other streamers - HBO, DirecTV, FX, Hulu, Netflix - work great.

If I remote to the computer using RDC, I can see the picture via the remote connection.

I've tried the above instructions and uninstalled everything Apple, in order. I've even removed everything Apple in AppData and removed temp files.

I've rebooted and reinstalled it - and again, in Remote Desktop Connection it's showing the image.

On the computer itself, it works great with the sound, but...

No picture.

I've been looking in the Event Viewer and noticed some errors in the .net framework. Not spotting anything else at this time.

Latest iTune update (May 2014) - unable to play any videos (movies/TV shows)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.