Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I connect my text boxes to allow one to overflow into the next?

In older versions, you could create a text box on one page and have it flow into a text box into a different page. How do I do this in the newest version? It's a pretty important function!

Posted on Jun 3, 2014 9:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2014 10:33 PM

Pretty well stuffed up in Pages 5.

You select the Textboxes > Format > Arrange > Unite

This makes them one masked shape with no control over textflow and does not let you link from one page to another or any custom textbox order.

As with virtually every answer here the solution is to use Pages '09 which should be still be in your Applications/iWork folder.

P

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2014 10:33 PM in response to CharterB

Pretty well stuffed up in Pages 5.

You select the Textboxes > Format > Arrange > Unite

This makes them one masked shape with no control over textflow and does not let you link from one page to another or any custom textbox order.

As with virtually every answer here the solution is to use Pages '09 which should be still be in your Applications/iWork folder.

P

Aug 3, 2015 5:53 PM in response to PeterBreis0807

Pages from iWork 08 will still function under Mavericks (10.9.5). Apple will probably break this with El Capitan.

Text overflow from one text box to another works in Pages 08.

Sadly, I did not try to buy Pages 09 before it was replaced by the new crippled Pages 5.2.2 (my current version).

Does anyone at Apple even try to ask the customers what they use and want to keep in these apps?

Remember the "Save As" debacle?

How do I connect my text boxes to allow one to overflow into the next?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.