Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes double track entries

I purchased an album on iTunes some time ago, but I keep getting double track entries. Seems like there is a problem with downloaded tracks from iTunes. iTunes is indicating double track entries. Locally stored on my iPhone and and a duplicate track entry asking me to re-download the track from iCloud. I don't get it. I already downloaded the tracks and every time, I need to delete the double entries but they keep coming back and asking me again to re-download the same track again from iCloud.

GarageBand (Mac) '11, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 4, 2014 2:22 AM

4 replies

Jun 4, 2014 5:10 AM in response to artnative

Do you have automatic downloads turned on?

Have you changed the track information of the downloaded tracks? It may be the Store no longer thinks your iTunes library has them if you have renamed them.

iTunes Store: How to enable Automatic Downloads - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4539 - "iTunes 10.3 3 and iOS 4.3.3 or later (iOS 5 or later for iPhone (CDMA Model)) enable you to automatically download purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, or iTunes Store instantly to your other computers and devices." Some items can only be downloaded once (e.g., audiobooks, ringtones, some movies) and you will have to transfer them from the device to which they were originally downloaded.

Jun 5, 2014 3:16 AM in response to Limnos

Limnos: " Do you have automatic downloads turned on?"

Yes, but it doesn't make a difference, if I have downloaded the items several times and I deleted the "old" entries manually (several times) and after some time the software is asking me again and again to re-download the same items and to re-delete the double entries again and again.

I thought automatic downloads will save me time? A technology that brings me as the "iUser" a real benefit? Or did I miss something here?

Jun 5, 2014 7:31 AM in response to artnative

I don't have this issue but until somebody else responds I m trying to figure it out. 🙂

Have you changed the names on these tracks? What I am wondering is if you did and iTunes is periodically comparing a list of your tracks with what is in the Store it is not seeing everything matching up it thinks you don't have it on your computer. Just a guess.

iTunes double track entries

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.