Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can MacBook Air wake up automatically for whatever reason and then go to standby again?

Hi,

I have a MacBook Air laptop purchased in 2011.

After opening the lid, the clock on the screen instantly shows the time when the system went to sleep. In reality, what is immediately shown is a screenshot of what the screen looked like when it went to sleep. After few seconds, the time will become accurate.

I have recently noticed that sometimes when I open the lid (first time in the morning), the clock shows a time after the time the laptop went to sleep (a time between midnight and early morning).

I'm just wondering if someone uses our computer or this is a technical issue?

I know that MacBook Air (Mid 2010) and later has a powersaving mode which Apple calls standby. Can the laptop wake up automatically for whatever reason (automatic update, completion of battery charging,...) and then go to standby again?

I would appreciate it if you could help me with this.

Thank you,

Sid

MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 4, 2014 2:13 AM

There are no replies.

Can MacBook Air wake up automatically for whatever reason and then go to standby again?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.