Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music deleted still on phone

Trying to free up memory "deleted" ( uploaded to cloud ?) all music.

After deleting Usage" still shows 800MB of music on phone !

Then day or so later rechecked "usage" and reading now INCREASED by 15 MB !

"Music" never even opened

How do I get most, if not all of 800 MB+ off of memory ????

iPhone 4

Posted on Jun 4, 2014 11:08 AM

11 replies

Jun 7, 2014 5:39 AM in response to Walleee3

It seems that it has something to do with logging songs from iTunes in the cloud or the music library on the phone is corrupted.

What happened when you turned Show All Music off as I suggested earlier?

Did the 800+MB go away?

If that doesn't resolve it, first backup the device then wipe it (Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings) and restore as a new device.

If it goes away, the music library was corrupted.

Aug 16, 2014 4:24 PM in response to Axeman1020

I have encountered this problem myself, and I think I've identified a software problem.

Changing the settings so that iCloud songs don't show on the phone is an important step. But once songs have been downloaded from iCloud onto an iPhone, it appears to be impossible to delete them.

Swiping left doesn't work -- the "delete" icon doesn't appear. In fact, nothing at all happens.

Trying to view the songs in iTunes on my computer doesn't work either. As far as iTunes is concerned, the songs aren't on my iPhone.

I don't want to delete _all_ the songs on my iPhone and then have to transfer them back to the phone again. Actually, I already did that once but then a couple of songs reappeared. Presumably I downloaded them from iCloud inadvertently 😟

So, Apple support guys, there's a glitch in your software. Me and all the other users who have googled this problem without getting a useful reply would appreciate it if you fixed the glitch. If I download a song to my iPhone, intentionally or otherwise, I should be able to delete it without having to delete all songs from my iPhone and then retransfer the ones I actually want.

The easiest fix would be to ensure that the songs show in iTunes so they can be deleted from there.

Aug 17, 2014 6:31 AM in response to ntwrong

Firstly, this is a user to user forum. You are not addressing Apple directly. We are users just like yourself.

If you wish to address Apple, you can do it here.

Secondly, like most others, I am able to delete songs that I have downloaded from iTunes in the Cloud without issue (I just tried it now) so this is not a global issue. It seems to be something more specific to your situation. Maybe an unreliable internet connect while the songs were being downloaded.

The only time I have personally experienced this kind of thing was after restoring from an iCloud backup. I impatiently tried syncing my non-iTunes content via iTunes before the iCloud backup finished restoring. I ended up wiping the device and restoring again. I waited for it to complete and then synced and have had no issues since.

Music deleted still on phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.