Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to export all of the playlists to an XML file?

I have a ton of playlists in iTunes. I love making them. However, I have two computers. A PC and a Macbook. I've currently had to export every single playlist to an XML file and then import them on the other machine to keep them in sync. Is there a way to just save all of the freakin playlists to an XML, or any other way for that matter so I don't have to go through this tedious process?

I would use iTunes Match to keep it all in sync, but unfortunately the service has been a disappointment for me. Certain songs won't upload to the cloud, playlists won't sync at all, and songs frequently skip or won't play at all when streaming to my iPhone on the go. It's a shame because it could be a great service if it worked well.

Speck

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Jun 4, 2014 12:39 PM

1 reply

Jun 8, 2014 8:50 AM in response to Speck13

The paths won't agree on the two OSs so a simple XML import isn't likely to work.

See Sync iPod/iPad/iPhone with two computers and, if needed, Make a split library portable. The techniques in the first link will work when moving the library between Windows and OS X as long as the library is "portable", but iTunes takes quite some time checking the database when the library is opened under a different OS.

tt2

Is there a way to export all of the playlists to an XML file?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.