Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod touch 5th gen is not charging. I have tried different cords and plugs too. When I press the power button it just has the charging symbol with a red line in it but it isn't charging at all. Won't connect to iTunes either.

I tried recover mode twice and it did nothing. The 15 day warranty is already up and I'm just wondering if I need to replace the battery at all? Also, before it stopped charging, it would turn off for no reason and the only way to turn it back on was to plug it into a charger and then it would turn right back on and have the same amount of battery that it had when it turned off... Is it the battery I need to replace??

HELP!!!!

iPod touch, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Jun 4, 2014 2:13 PM

4 replies

Jun 4, 2014 3:39 PM in response to sarahdyer25

Not Charge

- See:

iPod touch: Hardware troubleshooting

iPhone and iPod touch: Charging the battery

- Try another cable. The cable for 5G iPod (lightning connector) seems to be more prone to failure than the older cable.

- If a 5G iPod

Iphone 5 lightning port charging problem - SOLUTION!

- Try another charging source

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Also:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

My iPod touch 5th gen is not charging. I have tried different cords and plugs too. When I press the power button it just has the charging symbol with a red line in it but it isn't charging at all. Won't connect to iTunes either.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.