Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audition CS 5.5 new computer QTCF.DLL not found but its there

I have Adobe Audition CS 5.5 and the latest Quicktime installed on both my old Windows 7 laptop and the new Windows 8.1 laptop that I'm working on setting up right now.

On the old laptop I am able to open an MP4 video file (downloaded from youtube) and get the audio.

On the new laptop I get a message that QTCF.dll is not installed and it won't let me open audio from the mp4 file.

I used Winmerge to compare the various program files directories of both Audition and Quicktime and they are identical! And the directory that has QTCF.dll is on the PATH.

So why am I getting this error and how do I fix it?

Posted on Jun 4, 2014 6:49 PM

1 reply

Jun 8, 2014 2:06 PM in response to srothkin

Hi srothkin,

It sounds like there may be an issue with the installation of iTunes and it's related software. Try running through the removal and reinstallation steps in the article linked below on your new Windows 8 laptop.

Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1923

-Jason

Audition CS 5.5 new computer QTCF.DLL not found but its there

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.