Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you open previous versions of Pages docs on new MBP?

Besides the fact that it is absolutey rediculous that I am even having this issue, can someone please tell me there is a simple solution to opening documents made on a mac, with mac software that I am now being told "is too old and needs to be saved in '09" which I didn't have nor am running on my new computer.

How could Apple actually release software that isn't able to communicate with an older version of itself. Im baffled. Someone please tell me how I can atleast extract the information and turn it into a text file.

Thank you

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on Jun 4, 2014 9:52 PM

5 replies

Jun 4, 2014 10:34 PM in response to picas

I am trying to open documents that were created in Pages '08 in the most recent version of Pages that came with my MacBook Pro.

I think I may have figured out a work around. I found a trial version of iWorks '09 so I downloaded it and am in the process of saving the documents in '09 as the alert message stated. Hopefully this will allow me to open them and edit them in the most recent version of Pages.

How do you open previous versions of Pages docs on new MBP?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.