Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air Stuck on Mute? Please help.

Recently I was watching Netflix on my air when static started coming out of the spekers. I paused the movie, shut down anything I had running and it was still staticing just not as loud. I turned off my Macbook, turned it on and nothing. It has been stuck on mute for a few days now. Could someone please help me out. I would greatly appreciate it.

Note: I've was not using headphones when this occured. I had tried pluging in headphone and still no sound, I unplugged them, no sound.

I'm getting a little scared so any advice would be helpful.

Thank you!

MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 5, 2014 12:30 AM

4 replies

Jun 5, 2014 8:52 AM in response to Gina.

By any chance, did you mute the Netflix app before you quit it? Sometimes, muting a sound-playing app will mute the whole system and leave it locked that way until you bring back the app. I would try restarting the Netflix app, setting the sound to some reasonable level, and then quitting Netflix. You can also try using the sound app Audacity (free download) to try to correct this since it often will cause and correct the same problem.

Macbook Air Stuck on Mute? Please help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.