Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Gift Card (old?)

Hi there, my mum found an old (not sure how old!) iTunes gift card in the drawer and I've tried redeeming it online but it's not recognised. The only things present on the card (there is no scratch panel) are a long number right underneath the barcode in the bottom righthand corner and another code beginning with "D" in the top righthand corner. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Posted on Jun 5, 2014 2:43 AM

11 replies

Jun 5, 2014 7:49 AM in response to RissaC2014

If there is an amount printed on the card, the redemption code normally would be under a scratchoff at the top of the card, per these instructions:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6021

I've never seen a code appear at the top-right, though I can't say none were ever issued that way.

If the code isn't being recognized, make sure that you're entering in the correct characters. It can be easy to mistake a zero for the letter "o" or other such mistakes. If the error says that the card has already been redeemed, then, well, it must have been scratched off and redeemed sometime in the past.

If you continue to have problems, contact iTunes Support.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Jun 5, 2014 8:31 AM in response to RissaC2014

There have never been two physical parts to any iTunes Card. It's possible, though, that it was a card with a custom amount, in which case the redemption code was probably on the receipt. If that's the case, then absent that receipt the card is worthless.

Just to confirm, you're sure that it's an iTunes card, not an Apple Store gift card? Does the card have a magnetic stripe on the back?

Regards.

iTunes Gift Card (old?)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.