Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Computer no longer authorized.

I got a message that my computer was no longer authorized when syncing my ipad. I sign in with my ID and password and keep getting the same sign-in window. It says if I don't authorize I will lose all of my apps. GRRRR.

Posted on Jun 5, 2014 6:55 AM

4 replies

Jun 8, 2014 11:44 AM in response to wheedance

Hello, wheedance.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

The most common cause for this issue would be media present in your library that is purchased with another Apple ID. The article below will walk you through the process of verifying if that is the case or correcting the issue if not.

iTunes repeatedly prompts to authorize computer to play iTunes Store purchases

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1389

Cheers,

Jason H.

Sep 7, 2015 6:24 AM in response to jason269

Hi Jason,

Its a neverending loop of requests to authorize a computer who is already authorized.

I tried to deauthorize all, and authorized it again so that i have only one computer authorized.

Syncing my iPad gets stuck after the backup and when it supposed to sync. I tried in administrator use and all the ideas mentioned in " If iTunes repeatedly prompts you to authorize your computer - Apple Support "

I recently updated to Windows 10 and i manage to sync my iPhone, but the iPad wont work.

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks

Sep 29, 2016 8:09 AM in response to ckfromnycity

correction: it wasn't sierra, besides the 3 IDs i used (thank you apple of not letting people merge their IDs), i had to put my wife's id to authorized the station to sync. It must have been something she bought or something that she gifted to me. I wish iTunes would tell you the offending app/book/whatever and who is the owner. It will save countless hours of troubleshooting.

Computer no longer authorized.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.