Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I block network adsmarket.com on iOS Safari?

When visiting the desktop version of the (British newspaper) Guardian site on my iPhone this morning I think I inadvertently brushed against one of the ad links. I was immediately taken to the AppStore to a game called Empire: Four Kingdoms made by Goodgame Studios.

I noticed that before switching to the AppStore Safari's address bar briefly showed Network.admarket.com.

I have tried erasing my browsing history, cookies data, and I've rebooted the iPhone. Nothing has solved the problem so far. Each time I returned to the Guardian site I was transported to the game ad.

How can I prevent subsequent visits to a legitimate news site repeating this irritating and unwanted detour? I've contacted the Guardian for advice and would welcome any from this forum too.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Jun 5, 2014 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2014 11:43 AM

Hi William,

Just to be sure that you have correctly deleted the settings that might be causing this behavior, please follow the steps in this article -

iOS: Safari web settings

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677

You may also want to use the Private Browsing setting in that article.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2014 11:43 AM in response to William Heber Percy

Hi William,

Just to be sure that you have correctly deleted the settings that might be causing this behavior, please follow the steps in this article -

iOS: Safari web settings

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677

You may also want to use the Private Browsing setting in that article.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Jun 10, 2014 10:06 PM in response to Brett L

Hi Brett,

I appreciate your response.

The problem seems to have been resolved. As I said, I tried erasing Cookies/browsing history but that didn't help so I decided to reset the phone to factory settings and start again. After that I went back to the Guardian site and when viewing their mobile version didn't experience any problems. Resetting the iPhone also helped with a problem I was having with excessive memory use by something identified as 'Other' when syncing to iTunes. 'Other' is now half the size it was so that's good.

After reading your message I erased Cookies and browsing history once more and tried the Guardian's desktop version of their site on the iPhone. Nothing unexpected happened so thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Will

PS The Guardian's Help desk have yet to respond.

And as an aside, I tried repeatedly to post this reply to you in Safari and kept getting 'error, please try again' messages. Finally I switched to Chrome and it has gone through. Sorry for the delay. I'm not sure what the problem was.

How can I block network adsmarket.com on iOS Safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.