Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari. Safari is unable to open

Safari is unable to open either direct, or from email links. It will open Facebook and if the email link is http://secure i.e. it will open Greenpeace

Posted on Jun 5, 2014 11:22 PM

31 replies

Jun 5, 2014 11:40 PM in response to Kellydog

It won't necessarily answer your question but I assume this is a continuation of your previous thread. That being so, the storm you mentioned would have been most unlikely to have affected one aspect of your machine like that. From what I see, it is amazing how often Faceook is involved when things go wrong.

Have you tried disabling / uninstalling Facebook, checking Safari and if it works, re-installing Facebook.

And is your Safari version the latest for your particular machine / OS and not been open to an update recently.

Jun 7, 2014 3:28 AM in response to seventy one

Hi seventy one and Eric. Thanks for your interest. I'm afraid I daren't close Facebook as I may not be able to open it again if I cannot access the net. My family are in New Zealand and we are in constant communication.

I have a Mac OS X 10. 6. 8 running Snow Leopard, I have gone through the 'Safari help' procedure without success and checked my network connections which are running correctly.

Jun 8, 2014 9:53 AM in response to andyBall_uk

Hi Andy,

OS X 10.6.8. Snow Leopard. I've tried opening Safari from the applications folder, browser and from email links.I can only get it to open from an email link i.e. Greenpeace with a secure link. Have downloaded Firefox, can open Facebook on Google and Yahoo but not Bing. Cannot open other sites- message 'The connection was reset try again'

Safari. Safari is unable to open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.