Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add a border, in a header, that is full page width

I have been trying to add a border to a header of a pages document that is full page width (from left to right margin).

The header section of the Pages document is split in to three areas (Left Middle and Right). Each of these three areas has its own justification rules to help formatting.

In my header i have some text 'Heading Text'

When I apply a border to this the border is applied to the Heading Text only, and does not go margin to margin.

User uploaded file

I am a fairly new user to Pages and therefore believe that I must be missing something fundamental.

This type of operation is simple in MS Word, I cant believe that it is not available in Pages.

Thanks in advance of your help.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on Jun 6, 2014 6:26 AM

3 replies

Nov 25, 2015 5:30 AM in response to CL@MP

Or you could try this approach ...

This only works for creating an underline in the Header if you use the left-justified section of the Header.

After your Header text, press ENTER. Then press the INDENT key and ENTER again. Turn "Invisibles ON" to see this.

You can now select the blank line under the the Header text and press COMMAND U to underline it. The underline in the Header should be the full width of the page inside the margins.

Nov 25, 2015 5:41 AM in response to Sackriss

Had you actually tested this, you would see very clearly that the underline effect is not a margin to margin solution — which the OP clearly stated they wanted. Jerrold Green's solution is correct as one has no control over the tripartite header in Pages v5, and must improvise with another document object, after the header is disabled.

How to add a border, in a header, that is full page width

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.