Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just bought an iPad mini. Some of the photos were downloaded from my iPhone but not all. Why?

I just bought an iPad mini. Some of the photos from my iPhone downloaded to my new device but not all. Why?

iPad mini (Retina) Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 6, 2014 1:36 PM

3 replies

Jun 6, 2014 2:05 PM in response to Bubs65

Photo stream photos only remain in iCloud for 30 days, giving your devices enough time to download them. When you enabled photo stream on your iPad mini, you only downloaded photos from the last 30 days, as older photos are no longer in iCloud. To stream older photos to your iPad, add them to a shared stream on your phone (http://help.apple.com/icloud/#/mmc0cd7e99). Then you can save them to the camera roll on your iPad mini and delete the shared stream.

I just bought an iPad mini. Some of the photos were downloaded from my iPhone but not all. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.