Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Thunderbolt display has a stain - discoloration under the glass

All of a sudden my Thunderbolt display has a long stain mark that is jagged and runs along about 2/3 of the right side of the screen. It is very obvious and distracting. I have had this since new and this is a recent problem. It has not been moved or bumped or anything like that.

Has anyone else seen this, and if so, what can be done?

Thanks

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM), iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Jun 6, 2014 4:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2014 4:57 AM

One of two things (I have had both).

1. Got some condensation/dust inder the screen.. In this case get two suction cups and remove the glass screen as it is only held down by some magnets. Once removed clean.

2. You have a bad LCD screen and needs to be replaced. I had this once and for me it was covered under my Apple care warranty.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2014 4:57 AM in response to Janegalt

One of two things (I have had both).

1. Got some condensation/dust inder the screen.. In this case get two suction cups and remove the glass screen as it is only held down by some magnets. Once removed clean.

2. You have a bad LCD screen and needs to be replaced. I had this once and for me it was covered under my Apple care warranty.

My Thunderbolt display has a stain - discoloration under the glass

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.