Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot adjust brightness in windows 7 64bit

Hi everyone, thanks for reading!

I cannot adjust the brightness in windows 7 64bit with my keyboard. I have tried reinstalling the latest bootcamp drivers but it still did not work.

The brightness of the monitor is just too bright for my eyes...

Is there anyway I can fix this problem? I really appreciate yr help!

My computer is an mid 2011 27" iMac. It has a i5 CPU, originally 4GB ram but i added another 16GB ram to it.

Thanks for your help again!

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), Windows 7

Posted on Jun 7, 2014 6:29 AM

1 reply

Jun 8, 2014 3:10 AM in response to Dyebolynn

is your problem that you can't adjust the brightness from some keyboard shortcut or that you can't adjust it by any means in windows?

I have the same generation imac just 21" model and the apple support hardware video card driver auto adjust the brightness for me if one don't use the apple driver and let windows install some generic amd video card driver that may not be the case

check the amd catalyst display settings for more info also about brightness

cannot adjust brightness in windows 7 64bit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.