Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MY phone is using large amounts of data, when i then go to system services, it s my mapping services thats causing it. what are mapping services and how do i swithch them off. i really need help.

MY phone is using large amounts of data, when i then go to system services, it s my mapping services thats causing it. what are mapping services and how do i swithch them off. i really need help.

Posted on Jun 7, 2014 6:54 AM

10 replies

Jul 23, 2014 11:54 PM in response to kaygchaks

I Have the same problem, I switched off location services, maps in data, whatever else maps could be involved in nd then just last nite it chewed 100mb... I'm also on vodacom so I'm seeing a pattern here somehow. Siri was switched on however so I switched it off now nd will see what happens. but I'm gonna go into both apple and vodacom this afternoon because this must be sorted out its a serious issue we have on our hands and some uproar needs to be made against those responsible!

Sep 14, 2014 9:35 AM in response to kaygchaks

I think the problem is as a result of the twitter and Facebook account login in settings . I noticed my friends with no twitter account login didn't have the problem . So I deleted my twitter account and the problem is gone .. Don't accept any location service offer from twitter in their app .. Constantly check if the twitter account has not been re signed in by the app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.